As the one year anniversary approaches, the family are still waiting on a decision from the Crown Prosecution Service about whether they propose to charge anyone in respect of the assault and death of Ian.
This website and the Ian Tomlinson Family Campaign has been set up by Ian's family. We are grateful for the huge amount of public support received since Ian’s tragic death on April 1st 2009 at the G20 protests in London. It has been very hard for our family particularly following the release of images of the police assault on Ian emerged. Ian is deeply missed by us and we simply want justice for him.
We may have a long and difficult journey ahead to achieve justice and we will rely on your continued support.
Our family has set up this campaign for the following reasons:
• To demand a full investigation into Ian’s death that scrutinises the individual conduct and operational command tactics of police officers present at the G20 protest and those in command of them when Ian was assaulted and died
• To call for full criminal charges to be brought against any officer whose actions or failure of duty resulted in Ian’s death
• To campaign for change to any police policies, tactics or frequent abuses of power which may effectively endanger people’s lives rather than protect them, so that future deaths and injuries to the public can be prevented
• To raise awareness of any issues we may experience as a family seeking justice through statutory and judicial systems that are a cause for public concern
These are some things you may wish to do for now to support our campaign:
• Keep updated by checking this official family website for press releases, news articles and updates